DIFME SME HUB- Starting Out
Published by DIFME on 25-Jun-2020
DIFME ‘Digital Internationalisation and Financial Literacy for Micro Entrepreneurs’, is an Erasmus+ Knowledge Alliances Project that brings together Universities and businesses from Malta, Bulgaria, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, and the Netherlands. The aims of this project are to identify the existing gaps in the financial and digital skills of micro entrepreneurs, and to develop training and online resources to address these gaps and enable entrepreneurs to expand their businesses locally and internationally.
Prior to the submission of the DIFME proposal, validation of a proposed SME Hub was developed with consultation sessions led by MBB and carried out with micro businesses The main conclusions of the consultation exercise concluded is that there is a need to access practical information The DIFME SME HUB will be an open source repository of solutions targeting SME owners and aspiring entrepreneurs ensuring that they do not get entangled in data overload.
The SME Hub will be oriented to two different targets (start-up entrepreneurs and experienced entrepreneurs) for easy access on information related to their business and access internationalisation. Through collaborations between the DIFME partners, information will be collated related to government agencies, industry partners among others offering useful information and resources for SME owners across different industries at various business stages. The proposed SME online hub will not reinvent the wheel but target small ,micro and aspiring entrepreneurs seeking further information related to government and commercial information and services. The DIFME partners are collaborating to collect and distribute all useful information (knowledge, government and other relevant assistance programmes) on national and European level. Therefore the SME Hub will
- offer practical solutions to put together factual and useful data with the objective in ensuring that Micro and Small enterprises do not get entangled in the data overload available through search engines.
- enable entrepreneurs to be informed about the latest EU related information and assistance to their business needs.
- offer online tools such as a Directory of selected information that will include participant and other country links such as Government, public bodies related to legal, tax and banking information
- provide updated information related to cultural customs in different countries and taboos and trends. It will also highlight events that make a difference when selling online such seasonal sales peaks and holidays.
- offer access the elearning training platform
MBB, as the SME HUB Workplan leader is developing the content whereas partners will propose additional content or amendments .Furthermore once the content is presented on the HUB it will complimented with information from the learning content . The DIFME SME Hub has to date been updated with information related to Starting out.
Follow the DIFME on facebook
Have a look at the SME HUB on the DIFME webiste